CHICAGO, IL - March 6, 2018 - The Metal Construction Association (MCA) is proud to announce nine companies have become new members of the association. These new members join more than 90 other manufacturers and suppliers dedicated to expanding and developing the metal construction industry through MCA. The new MCA members are:
- Covertite Eastern, Ltd., a large commercial and roofing contractor that has operated in Eastern Ontario and Quebec for over 65 years.
- Alcotex, Inc., a provider of standard polyethylene and fire-rated core aluminum composite material headquartered in London, Ontario since 2001.
- Architectural Metal Designs, Inc., a fabricator of aluminum composite wall panel systems since 2006 with value added services in the areas of shop drawings, design assistance, training and technical support.
- K-CON, Inc., a design-build general contractor in North Charleston, South Carolina offering turn-key construction and renovation/up-fit services, engineering, site preparation & installation.
- Building Envelope Services LLC, a general contracting company in Albuquerque, New Mexico that specializes in commercial, cladding and waterproofing.
- Rua and Son Mechanical Inc. of Rocklin, California, a designer, fabricator and installer of metal roof and wall systems for over 25 years.
- Certain Teed Corporation, a brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings with facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
- US Roofing Systems, based in Denver, Colorado, a licensed General Contractor specializing in the installation of commercial roofs, metal roofs and steep slope roofs.
- Maillis Strapping Systems of Fountain Inn, South Carolina, a manufacturer and provider of application solutions for strapping, tools, and overall product securement.
"Maillis Strapping joined the MCA to provide load securement to the metal construction industry using plastic or steel strapping. We are always trying to build our network within our main industries. Our plan is to find great partnerships within the MCA group," said Chris Smith, Midwest securement specialist at Maillis Strapping.
MCA member companies benefit from participation in association activities and connections made between suppliers and industry leaders in the areas of research, codes and standards, market development, and technical programs. The association works to increase the use of metal materials in construction by educating the building and design communities about the benefits of metal.
"Our industry is involved in a number of complex issues that continue to evolve. Joining the MCA allows us to have additional insight as well as direct input into determining solutions for these issues," said Dennis McKellar, Sales Manager for Alcotex.
MCA members represent a broad scope of companies including metal roof, wall panel, shingles and coatings manufacturers, coil coaters and metal producers, distributors, equipment and accessories manufacturers, energy insulation system manufacturers, MCM fabricators and contractors.
"We chose to join MCA because they are at the forefront of all things metal. Being a member keeps us informed of the newest products and trends," says Louie Rua, president of Rua and Son Mechanical.
For more information about membership and MCA's summer meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.metalconstruction.org.
About the Metal Construction Association
The Metal Construction Association brings together a diverse industry for the purpose of expanding the use of metal in construction through marketing, research, technology and education. Companies involved in MCA gain tremendous benefit from association activities that focus on research, codes and standards, market development, and technical programs. MCA's market development efforts increase the use of metal materials in construction through the education of the building and design communities about the benefits of metal.
Tel: 480-584-5700, ext. 206
Metal Construction Association