FLORENCE, SC - The Steel Joist Institute (SJI) will host a webinar on "Economic Floor Systems with Composite Steel Joists” on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. The webinar will award 1.5 PDHs.
Composite steel construction has been recognized for a number of years as one of the most economical systems for constructing building floors. This webinar will focus on information contained within SJI’s "2nd Edition, Standard Specifications for Composite Steel Joists, Weight Tables and Bridging Tables, Code of Standard Practice."
The webinar will cover these topics:
- Potential benefits of using SJI’s CJ-Series composite joists.
- Computational aspects of composite steel joist behavior per SJI’s new 2nd Edition CJ-Series Specifications.
- Guidelines for installing welded shear studs onto the chords of CJ-Series joists and serviceability considerations.
- How to efficiently utilize SJI’s "Composite Steel Joist Catalog."
- Preliminary estimating of CJ-Series costs utilizing SJI’s new Floor Bay Analysis Tool.
- Typical projects for CJ-Series composite joists.
For more information or to register, visit https://steeljoist.org/product/september-25-sjis-composite-steel-joists/.
About the Steel Joist Institute
Besides setting standards for the steel joist industry, the Steel Joist Institute works closely with major building code bodies throughout the country helping to develop code regulations regarding steel joists and Joist Girders. The Institute also invests thousands of dollars in research related to steel joists and Joist Girders, and offers a complete library of publications and other training, research and design aids. The Steel Joist Institute is a not-for-profit organization. For more information, visit www.steeljoist.org or join the Steel Joist Institute LinkedIn group.
J. Kenneth Charles, III
Steel Joist Institute